This is a stressful time for anyone out of work, looking for work, and for those working essential frontline jobs. Below is information on filing for unemployment, links to job postings for those looking for work, and information for essential workers.
Unemployment benefits have been expanded under The CARES Act to include:
- Part-time workers and self-employed workers
- Gig workers and contractors
- Anyone out of work or who has had to cut back on their hours directly due to COVID-19, including if you had to stop working because you have symptoms or are caring for someone who has the virus
- People who can’t get to their jobs due to the virus
- People who previously wouldn’t have qualified due to a spotty work history
WHO DOES NOT QUALIFY?
Anyone working from home before COVID-19 or receiving paid leave
WHAT WILL I NEED TO FILE?
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- If you are not a US citizen, your alien registration card number
- Full company names and address of everywhere you’ve worked for the past 2 years
- For federal employees, copies of forms SF8 or forms SF50
- If you are a service member or ex-service member a copy of separation form DD 214
- If you want direct deposit, you must have your bank routing and checking account numbers
- First and last day working with employer
- Reason you left
HOW MUCH COMPENSATION WILL YOU GET?
- Compensation varies by state: Unemployment Benefits Finder
FILING IN WI
WI unemployment in relation to COVID-19: Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
General overview: Hand Book for Claimants
File a claim online: File Your Claim Here
Your claim information: Access Your Claim Information